November 19, 2015
Week Eleven in Taiji
November 11 – 14 – Blue
- Taiji: The hunt is on.
- Two hunting boats spotted. No drive formation. Will update again shortly.
- 5-6 boats spotted coming towards each other. No black smoke or drive formation. Standby
- Hunters seem to be looking for the pod. The hunt is still on but there’s still hope
- Boats we thought we searching were clearly waiting for these hunters. Definite drive on.
- Pod being pushed towards harbour. Dolphins fighting hard. It ain’t over till it’s over.
- Dolphins have been fighting for hours. Perhaps a valuable species to hunt so long and late.
- All the hunting boats are chasing the pod again. We can see black smoke and pod is visible.
- Boats struggling with pod at the mouth of the harbor.
- Taiji: Pod being driven into the harbour now. They have been fighting over 6 hours.
- We can confirm it’s Risso’s Dolphins – 2.50pm.
- Red cove in Taiji. Risso’s dolphins are now being netted into the cove now.
- Pod are now netted in the cove & coast guard has left. Seems they will leave them overnight.
- Cove Monitors will be back to check on the family of Risso’s later on. We are all very sad.
- Risso Dolphins netted in the cove. They will be left here overnight and slaughtered tomorrow.
- All around the world who worry for the Risso’s tonight we are here to give them your love.
November 16th – Red
- Boats are heading out to search for more Dolphins and the tarps are up at the butcher house.
- Hunters are still out at sea searching for Dolphins – 9.30am
- 4 banger boats that remained in this morning now left to join rest of fleet. Not a good sign.
- Black smoke drive well underway to the north pushing towards harbour. This is unbelievable.
- Hunters slowly pushing pod towards harbour. It’s surreal here todayWho would have imagined?
- Pod keeps escaping from the hunters. The lust for life so apparent. Keep fighting!
- Pod has now been netted into the killing cove. Their fate is sealed.
- Skiff has left the cove with two captive Risso. Some of the family being driven back to sea.
- Risso’s caught in the net during today’s captures in the Cove. This is the captive trade.
November 17 – Blue
Pic Credits: Dolphin Project